Job Title: Senior Production Coordinator - All channels
Contract: Permanent/Full Time
Reports to: Broadcast Operations Manager - All channels
Direct reports: Production Administrator – All channels
Shift pattern: Average 40hr work week to include alternate weekend cover Location: Ealing
Racecourse Media Group (RMG) is a broadcast media company owned by 37 UK racecourses. It broadcasts live horseracing on satellite and cable in the UK and distributes racing content to a range of national and international partners to maximise the media rights value (both by revenue & reach) to shareholders.
Overview of position:
- Day to day management of production staff; production and update of staff rosters, managing annual leave requests and sickness cover (includes out of hours) via absence management system.
- Day to day management of freelance staff; arranging bookings and training / shadow dates, negotiate fees, assist process of employment / freelancer contracts.
- Day to day management of production related schedules; TX schedules, EPG schedules, edit suites.
- Day to day management of broadcast facilities within the studio and on course. Close liaison with RaceTech to manage requirements in timely manner
- Management of freelancer and 3rd party supplier payments
- Working with the finance team to agree payment and deadline dates for staff overtime & expenses payments, freelancer invoice payments, communication re payment and deadline dates to both Racing UK and freelance staff.
- Assist with planning & execution for internal events; staff conferences and social events
- Management of on course filming for bookmakers and client related channels (GBI, Turf TV)
- Support in management of filming requirements for third party broadcasters
- Support re managing HR related procedures; annual reviews, implementing HR policies, recruitment, training requirements (as required), staff induction, etc
- Support re monthly reports to finance team and third party clients
- To liaise with finance team to ensure timely delivery and reconciliation of invoices, etc
- To arrange cover for staff across the galleries / freelance editors / freelance cameramen
- Liaison with OB supplier to facilitate third party filming requests
- Enabling communication between staff members, suppliers and stakeholders to ensure smooth production and delivery
- Co-ordinate post production facilities, inclusive of staff allocations and edit facilities to ensure efficient and timely delivery of live racing and highlights packages
- Manage pool of freelancers to ensure appropriate cover for annual leave, sickness, programming requirements
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Evidence of being able to work effectively with all members of varied teams (knowledge of production teams including commentators and other contributors an advantage).
- First class communication skills
- Basic understanding of the technical processes involved in OB and features production, including cameras, lighting, sound, live TX and editing would be an advantage
- Knowledge of and interest in sport – horseracing would be an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure coupled with working to deadlines.
- Experience of broadcast bookings an advantage.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office desirable.
- Flexibility with working hours when required.
This role profile is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be reviewed from time to time to incorporate changing circumstances, and you may be required to be flexible and perform other duties as required by your manager. It does not form part of your contract of employment.
Please send your CV and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 4, 2017.